About Me

I am a high school student in the Communications Arts Program at Montgomery Blair High School. In my free time I usually listen to music, play sports, or hang out with friends. I play guitar and have played since 4th grade. I play basketball and baseball for Montgomery Blair as well. I really am enjoying maintaining this blog, and I like the freedom I have to post what interests me.

Sunday, April 21, 2013

NBA Playoffs

The real NBA season has started, that's right the playoffs. There won't be anymore easy buckets and lackadaisical defense like there usually is in the regular season. Everything counts now. I am going to describe some possible scenarios that could occur in the playoffs, as well as my finals prediction.

Can Anyone Beat the Heat

As Jason Terry found out earlier this year, the Heat can be unstoppable. Miami is coming off a championship and is poised to win another. LeBron James said, "not one, not two, not 3..." and now he has to prove it by winning his second title. I don't see the Heat facing much trouble in the East, but if one team can beat them it's the Knicks.

'Melo and the Knicks


Carmelo Anthony is coming off his best year ever and is leading the Knicks into the playoffs. The Knicks can be a grind it out team or light it up from three. If they are going to beat to the Heat them Carmelo, Josh Smith, and Tyson Chandler need to take their games to another level and go off for four games. It will be hard, but I think that it's possible.

The Nuggets


I really like the Nuggets and I think that they will make it to the Finals. They are an up-tempo team that can outrun anyone, besides the Heat. They are filled with athletes that can score as well as defend. They don't have to rely on any player in particular and can win in a variety of ways. This is unlike a lot of other teams in the playoffs, but it has worked for the Nuggets so far this year. The playoffs are a different season though, and the Nuggets will have to step their game up just like everyone else.

Finals Prediction
Heat beat the Nuggets in 6 games. I would love to see this matchup because both teams can thrive in transition and also are great defensively, but the Heat are just too good. No matter who comes out of the West, I see the Heat beating them. LeBron and company won't be denied this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment