About Me

I am a high school student in the Communications Arts Program at Montgomery Blair High School. In my free time I usually listen to music, play sports, or hang out with friends. I play guitar and have played since 4th grade. I play basketball and baseball for Montgomery Blair as well. I really am enjoying maintaining this blog, and I like the freedom I have to post what interests me.

Sunday, April 28, 2013

CAP Hollywood Update

Currently my group has finished the pre-production stage of CAP Hollywood, but this in no way means that we are actually close to the end of the assignment. We still need to find actors, film, and then edit. We have to film by this weekend and we need to find some good actors to be our drug dealers and basketball players. By story was mostly based off of the Wire and thus a lot of the actors I want need to reflect my inspiration. (This video has some language in it)

I know that there's no way I am going to find Avon Barksdale and Stringer Bell, but I want people who reflect some of their values and acting abilities. In addition to drug dealers I need basketball players. The way I intend to shot a lot of the basketball scenes will be based off of high school basketball players like this one.

Again with the last video, I'm not going to get Aaron Gordon to be in my video, but a lot of the shots used in the mixtape I want to incorporate in my video. In the coming week of preparation before we film my group and I need want to change our script to have the basketball game be a two-on-two game, not a three-on-three one. That will allow us to require less actors. This project is going to long and tiresome and it's just gotten started, but by the end I think we could have an amazing product.

No comments:

Post a Comment