About Me

I am a high school student in the Communications Arts Program at Montgomery Blair High School. In my free time I usually listen to music, play sports, or hang out with friends. I play guitar and have played since 4th grade. I play basketball and baseball for Montgomery Blair as well. I really am enjoying maintaining this blog, and I like the freedom I have to post what interests me.

Sunday, May 19, 2013

CAP Hollywood Reflection #3

Our film is going great. I am really enjoying editing the film because it's fun. We have some really good shots, and I like creating a film that involves so many basketball highlights. The first two and a half minutes are edited smoothly, but the last minute and a half or so needs some work. This will take some time to do, but we can do it. I am a little worried that the plot of the film won't be completely understood by our audience, but hopefully once we finish editing the film it will be easy to understand. To help out the film's plot, I am going to have Danny, our main character, come in for a voiceover this week. I think that we should be able to finish this project on time and that it will be good. This will take some work, but our group has been working hard. The shots look awesome, and this has been a great process. Here's a video of Danny, our star player, you can tell how good he is.

This week I put a lot of work in. I came in after school twice, and also did Saturday editing. The tasks I completed were putting in music, which we didn't have any of. Also I took out some unnecessary shots that just took up space in our film. Finally, I smoothed out some of the rough areas of the film by panning the audio to zero, cutting the clips when appropriate, and putting everything together to see how the film runs. By doing these I learned that I need to cut out about a minute of the film, and add in a voiceover to provide a catalyst for the superstar basketball player.

This next week I have to finish the film. I need to finish putting in all of the music, credits, and voiceovers. I also need to smooth out all of the film's audio. In addition to this I need to make sure that the entire films flows well. This is the end of the project and the film needs to be as perfect as it possibly can. I think that I will also ask Mr. Mayo what he thinks I should add or take away from it to make it great. Again, this will take a lot of work, but it will be rewarding come the night of CAP Hollywood. I can't wait, it's crunch time.    

No comments:

Post a Comment