About Me

I am a high school student in the Communications Arts Program at Montgomery Blair High School. In my free time I usually listen to music, play sports, or hang out with friends. I play guitar and have played since 4th grade. I play basketball and baseball for Montgomery Blair as well. I really am enjoying maintaining this blog, and I like the freedom I have to post what interests me.

Sunday, May 12, 2013

CAP Hollywood Weekly Reflection #2

I feel a lot better about my film this week than I did last week. Last week I wasn't sure of what kind of shots my group was getting and whether they would be good or not. This week I am pleased to say that the shots are awesome. I kind that Andreas has a great idea of what the movie should look like, and he is our main editor. I think that we will be able to get it done. We don't have a lot of time to edit, but we will make it work I am not worried. I was slightly disappointed with the grade that we got on the rough cut, but that's because our footage was only uploaded on Wednesday and the grade was on Friday. At the end of this next week, our film will look a lot better.

This week I helped Andreas do a lot of editing. I wasn't here on Monday and that day Grace and other members made the movie poster, which looks awesome. On Wednesday we as a group looked at our shots and determined which ones were good, and on Friday we began placing them on the correct spot on the timeline. We are almost done with that, and then we will edit down each clip again. My main job is being with Andreas while he edits to give him my perspective on what I think the film should look like, since I am the director. It's going well.

Next week we really need to buckle down and basically be done with the whole film. I think that I will come in for lunch a couple times this week and that I will also be able to come in after school, if my baseball season ends. We have to trim down our eight minute rough cut into a solid four minute movie. Then we will put in music, and credits, which we already have done. This is going to be a lot of work,  but I think that my group will pull it off, and that we'll have an amazing product come CAP Hollywood Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment