About Me

I am a high school student in the Communications Arts Program at Montgomery Blair High School. In my free time I usually listen to music, play sports, or hang out with friends. I play guitar and have played since 4th grade. I play basketball and baseball for Montgomery Blair as well. I really am enjoying maintaining this blog, and I like the freedom I have to post what interests me.

Monday, May 27, 2013

Last CAP Hollywood Reflection

*I am not sure if we are suppose to write a final reflection on CAP Hollywood yet, but I will write one now anyway.

We finished our film on Friday and I am very glad to be done with it. The editing process was hard because we didn't have a whole lot of great shots to edit and also we didn't get as much time to edit as other groups did, but we were still able to put together a solid project. I like the action shots of our movie and that think that they will impress the CAP Hollywood crowd. I will admit that the plot is kind of hard to follow because of the lack of shots that we got, but if the audience pays attention they should understand it. I can't wait for CAP Hollywood to see my movie on the big screen and other peoples' too.

This week I finished editing. Andreas and I came in at various times throughout the week and did a number of tasks. We added Danny's voiceover, put in credits, added all of the music, panned and fixed the audio levels, put in a graphic slide, and color graded the shots. The work took a long time and it had to be precise, but I am proud of the final product. Considering that all but one of our planed actors didn't show up to film, that I wasn't there the day of filming, that it took us two days to import, that other groups got to use the computers before we did, and all of the technical problems that we had our project is very good.

This next week I plan to do nothing with the project because it's done! Wednesday night will be fun because it will be great to see everyone's hard work on this project. This project might not have been super fun at times, but it taught me a lot of things about editing, and about working in a group. I wouldn't trade the experience for anything, even if the movie didn't come out great.

No comments:

Post a Comment